From Benee to Crowded House, New Zealand is full off talented musicians that usually pop up all over the world. In the past year, 104 Kiwi artists played 1,440 shows across 45 countries. Covid-19 has meant that many of our talented musicians have pressed pause on their tours, but you can still press play on their music from the comfort of your own home.
May marks New Zealand Music Month, a month dedicated to celebrating our vibrant and diverse music community. This year, in partnership with the New Zealand Music Commission, we’ll be bringing you a song a day throughout May so that you can build your own bespoke Kiwi playlist.
Turn up the volume, dim the lights, pretend you’re front left, and press play from wherever you are in the world.
1. JessB - Pon It
2. Myele Manzanza - I'm Moving On (Live)
3. Reb Fountain - Don't You Know Who I Am
4. Church & AP - War Outside
5. Nadia Reid - Get The Devil Out
6. Jonathan Bree - In The Sunshine
7. Tami Neilson - Queenie, Queenie
8. CHAII - South
9. Marlon Williams - Come To Me - Live At Auckland Town Hall
10. Ulcerate - Stare Into Death and Be Still
11. MELODOWNZ - Fine
12. BENEE - Lownely
13. The Beths - I'm Not Getting Excited
14. Jawsh 685 - Laxed (Siren Beat)
15. Theia - Celebrity
16. Hans. - Empties
17. Devilskin - Corrode
18. eleven7four - Where It Hurts
19. Molly Payton - Corduroy
20. Noah Records - Pua Malia
21. Janine - 3AM
22. The Naked and Famous - Death
23. Gin Wigmore - Hangover Halo
24. Aron Ottignon - Goanna Funk (LCAW Remix)
25. City of Souls - CRUELTY
26. Mild Orange - First Taste
27. Team Dynamite - Who?
28. Alayna - Sugar
29. Chelsea Jade - Superfan
30. Delaney Davidson - Stolen River
31. Balu Brigada - nice to have someone to miss
If you’re looking for beats that are world-beating … we know a place.
Stream it. Follow it. Play it. Buy it.